I make myself sit threw the ads because I feel less selfish. As stupid as it sounds, I think that our generation has become so demanding that we need everything when we want it ... We can't wait that 30 seconds for the add to finish, so I watch the adds and instead of skipping them wonder about how the add was made -- where, with whom, how many cuts -- you know, stupid things that don't matter. I'm a wacka-doo so I don't expect anyone to follow a similar pattern, haha. But yeah, that's my thoughs on adds
As long as we're getting free (or somewhat free) entertainment, I'll relax for a bit and wonder about the adds.
I understand. I am a bit of a “wacka-doo” myself :) But you are not selfish for avoiding an ad. It’s not like avoiding a homeless man asking for help on the street. Advertisers have money and interrupt you to make more by selling you something you don't need. Some people would call THAT selfish. I suppose there are exceptions. And I have friends who engage in the advertising game who are fine people. (Even I allow ads on my videos...) But still, I hope people take the initiative to block them.
Just like you I wonder about the ads, how they were made. I analyze the editing and the underlying messages. And after years of analysis (I’ve been watching commercials since I was a youngin’!) I’ve finally come to the conclusion that they are a waste of my time. And I’m confident more people will feel the same. Not because their generation is lazy and selfishly demanding. But because they understand the Internet can be a better place to entertain and share ideas WITHOUT ad interruptions.

No comments:
Post a Comment